Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Math Challenge

Math Challenge

I am NOT good at the math part of quilting, that is why I stay on the pattern path. But I have a TON of 2.5" squares and I want to make a scrappy triple Irish chain quilt with them. I just downloaded a pattern but it has 2" squares. drat. Does anybody have a pattern with 2.5" squares or can do the math for me on the "B" block. B block would be the 2 side pieces with the solid piece in the middle.

Thanks, I really want to make this if I can find a pattern or (hint, hint) help.

Are you sure the 2" isn't the finished square? If not, just maybe add 1/2 inch to everything.
    Joey

The Seven Dwarves of Menopause

Itchy, Bitchy, Sweaty, Sleepy, Bloated, Forgetful and Psycho

here is a pattern from mccall's quilting that uses 2 1/2 inch strips. it uses strip quilting, but maybe you can get the block B from here.

http://www.mccallsquilting.com/qb/pa...603/index.html

i found another site that shows an easier block B. it even tells you how many blocks to make for the different quilt sizes.

http://www.quilt.com/Blocks/IrishChain/IrishChain.html
    Last edited by cad_queen_2000; 08-11-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Is this what you are looking for? Let me know if you need it a different size.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I think she is starting with 2" squares and wants to know what size pieces to cut for the "B" block. OOPS me bad It is I who can't read...better not try and help with math but it looks like the pdf files is the correct answer...walking away hanging head in shame