Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Me too please.....HELP!

What am I doing wrong? My quilt top will not stick to the batting. I am using Taylor spray and it just will not stick. It worked just fine spraying the backing and sticking the batting to the back but the top will not stick to the batting. I sprayed the batting twice and it still isn't sticking. I guess for now I'll have to pin it.

Did you try spraying the top and then pressing the top onto the batting?

Sometimes if the top is starched too heavily, I have problems with it sticking.

Also, I have had problems with the spray if the can is not at least room temperature and the fabrics, as well. In other words, it doesn't work as well for me when it is cold.

Blog Entries
    Had the problem, realized I was tipping the can too far (to horizontal) and just spraying air. Worth a try. I have no problems with the Taylor spray.

Good luck!

You aren't supposed to spray the batting as it will absorb all the spray and not be effective. Try spraying the wrong side of the top and then doing the placement.

ali

Quote Originally Posted by AliKat
    You aren't supposed to spray the batting as it will absorb all the spray and not be effective. Try spraying the wrong side of the top and then doing the placement.

ali
    This is how it has been explained to me as well, spray the backing, add batting, then spray the top and lay onto batting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AliKat

ali
    I was taught the opposite. Interesting how different everyone does things. I say, do whatever works. I've never had a problem when spraying the batting. But if it's not sticking, spray the fabric.

spray the backside of the quilt top, it works for me and yes, mine won't stick to the batting either if i spray the batting only...have fun! im gearing up to do the same this afternoon!

I always spray the batting- never had a problem. But it could be different lofts, or kinds of batting don't stick as well.

It says right on the can to spray the batt, then lay the fabric over it.

Hope you can get it fixed! :)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by susanwilley
    What am I doing wrong? My quilt top will not stick to the batting. I am using Taylor spray and it just will not stick. It worked just fine spraying the backing and sticking the batting to the back but the top will not stick to the batting. I sprayed the batting twice and it still isn't sticking. I guess for now I'll have to pin it.
    why not do sharon schamber method-----SO EASY.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast