Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: meeting new friend

Met a new friend from the board on Thursday, LindaZ and I got together and shared works in progress. Also plan on a trip to Nancy Notions. I guess this is my first "internet date" LOL enjoy your new friends

Blog Entries
    How nice. We can never have too many friends.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandyo
    Met a new friend from the board on Thursday, LindaZ and I got together and shared works in progress. Also plan on a trip to Nancy Notions. I guess this is my first "internet date" LOL enjoy your new friends
    Isn't it cool that we can find new friends this way? I am meeting JDeery in a few weeks. My teenage grandson teases me about being on a chat site. He warned me about internet predators. And he warned me about meeting up with strangers you meet on the internet. He says that can be very dangerous. It was so funny to see his face as he was telling me all this. Then he says, " You know, Grannie, I am telling you all this for your own good." :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

Blog Entries
    yes, I have met lots of new friends from the Quilting Board site, fun fun fun

I'm happy for you! I've met several of the board members on here also. In fact in a couple of weeks, I'll be meeting another one, jacie! I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Quote Originally Posted by sandyo
    Isn't it cool that we can find new friends this way? I am meeting JDeery in a few weeks. My teenage grandson teases me about being on a chat site. He warned me about internet predators. And he warned me about meeting up with strangers you meet on the internet. He says that can be very dangerous. It was so funny to see his face as he was telling me all this. Then he says, " You know, Grannie, I am telling you all this for your own good." :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
    When I took my trip last fall I met with board members in Ohio, PA, IN, WI & SD. Before I left home I heard a lot about meeting with predators and how would I feel if my children were meeting with people like this. I said "They are quilters so I'm not worried!" They just laughed at me! But even my DH said that any of you are welcome to stay with us if you are on your way through MT. And I would meet with any of you!!!

I will try to remember that the next time we are in MT. We were there last summer.

Isn't it fun! I've interMet people I would never have connected with. And yes, quilter's are safe! So anyone is welcome if passing through NE. On I-80. Take a break on a long road!!

Zebra2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebra2
    Isn't it fun! I've interMet people I would never have connected with. And yes, quilter's are safe! So anyone is welcome if passing through NE. On I-80. Take a break on a long road!!

Zebra2
    Same goes for me. I am about a 1/2 hour from Amish country and about 45 min from Lancaster. Would love to connect with you guys if you are ever in the area.

Born & raised in Upper Micigan, transplanted to central Wisconsin the last 31 yrs.
    That is great! Wish I could have driven to meet up with you girls. I am in the center of the state! Appleton is about 110 miles (give or take a few miles) from me, and Nancy's Notions is about 130 miles from me heading south east.

You will LOVE it at NN. I got lost looking at every thing. Day dreaming and planning ahead. HINT: BRING LOTS OF MONEY or a high limit credit card! Oh, how I wish I was able to accompany you girls!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast