Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Meeting a quilty friend!!

I found out today, that my online quilty friend in Washington state is planning on coming to Maine to spend a week with me next summer. The highlight of her visit will be a trip to the Maine Quilt Show. Am so looking forward to seeing her in person and showing her around. Will be fun spending a week getting to know each other. We have been emailing and chatting on the phone for about 3 yrs. now. She knitted me a beautiful wrap that I brought to the nursing home with me for my 11 day stay after my knee replacement surgery in 2008. Will have to start saving some fun money so we can have a fun time. Hubby says for me to take her to the coast and get a place for overnight....she will love that! I will bring her to the Botanical Gardens there that I haven't even been to myself yet...so will be a new experience for both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by mamaw
    I found out today, that my online quilty friend in Washington state is planning on coming to Maine to spend a week with me next summer. The highlight of her visit will be a trip to the Maine Quilt Show. Am so looking forward to seeing her in person and showing her around. Will be fun spending a week getting to know each other. We have been emailing and chatting on the phone for about 3 yrs. now. She knitted me a beautiful wrap that I brought to the nursing home with me for my 11 day stay after my knee replacement surgery in 2008. Will have to start saving some fun money so we can have a fun time. Hubby says for me to take her to the coast and get a place for overnight....she will love that!

Have one of those beachy clam and lobster steam things. I had one at Upward bound, near Bowdoin Me. A bonfire, with seaweed on it and then they placed live lobster to steam. Yummy. They also dug clams up to steam them too. Sweet corn on the cob with butter.

Then you can go to a Ben and Jerry's and have dessert. :)

Blog Entries
    you will have fun! I have met other quilting board members and is so much fun!

I hope you both have a wonderful time!! :D

Sounds like fun for you both! Enjoy!

What a great thing. Blessing and enjoy your time.

It sounds like a fun week for both of you. Take some pics and share with us.

Isn't that Gr8. Have a wonderful time, take lots of pictures and share them with us after the visit is over.