Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: mega quilter help

mega quilter help

I have a Mega quilter 18x8..I'm frustrated..can't get the bobbin tension loose enough, userthe stitch reg. But it only works for an inch worth of stitching then a large stitch comes up. Can't find needles as local Viking dealer doesn't stock them any longer..my machine is only year old have done 3 quilts hoping a praying not to screw up a top that I have put so much time into..at this point this was a huge waste of money! I use same thread top & bobbin, but when holding bobbin in hand and drop to ck tension it won't even fall..loosened screw still nothing....any help greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by pdqquilts; 01-23-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Call where you bought it. Surley someone there can help you. Contact customer service for Mega Quilter

If you are loosening the screw and nothing is happening, you might need a new bobbin case. Also, I do know that needle size is important dependent on the type of thread you are using.

Have you oiled it lately?? I used to have one and it had to be oiled every time I used it. That seems to be a trick to keep that machine sewing good.