Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mega Quilter machine

Blog Entries
    Looked today at Joann's at sewing machine. Nice Viking/Huskvarna Mega Quilter machine there with the extended table. It is about $900 BUT only sews straight stitches and the walking foot and 1/4 inch foot are extra, of course. Does anyone have one or know anything about them? At top speeed, it sews 1600 stitches a minute or some other time increment but its top speed is 1600 stitches which I don't truly care about.

the only straight stitch i like is a long arm i need different stitches you can get more for the 900.00 than that

That machine sounds like my Juki. It's great for a second machine. I use mine every day. I use straight stitch 99 percent of the time. And from time to time, I like sewing faaaaassssst.

I bought a Mega Quilter about 4 years ago, took it back and got my money back. The machine had so many problems, I just got tired of dealing with it. Even without the problems though, the machine just doesn't have the space to do a king sized quilt, even though the frame is big enough.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pocoellie
    I bought a Mega Quilter about 4 years ago, took it back and got my money back. The machine had so many problems, I just got tired of dealing with it. Even without the problems though, the machine just doesn't have the space to do a king sized quilt, even though the frame is big enough.
    Thank you for this information. I truly appreciate it.
    Chris

There are actually 2 Viking machines with the name MegaQuilter, the original 9" throat machine and the newer MegaQuilter 18.8, an 18" throat machine. Based on your explanation of the machine and price, you're speaking of the original MegaQuilter. The machine is made by Janome as the Janome 1600P. It is also the same machine as the Pfaff GrandQuilter Hobby 1200. All 3 are made by Janome. I have the Pfaff version myself. It is a workhorse machine and stitches very fast and beautifully. I have mine on a Grace frame with stitch regulator and Qbot quilting computer. For quilting with a frame, I would prefer one of the larger throat machines. But the machine is very good for piecing and free motion quilting.

Blog Entries
    Mytwopals; Thanks for the info.

i have the Janome 1600P with the new joy frame its a good machine but i have the MC combo and another janome with all the stitches i am going to get the 26 in long-arm so i am selling the Janome and frame
    mema

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by memathomas
    i have the Janome 1600P with the new joy frame its a good machine but i have the MC combo and another janome with all the stitches i am going to get the 26 in long-arm so i am selling the Janome and frame
    mema
    What does this machine do? I'm looking for something more than just straight stitching machine. Just lloking for information on this one please.

it's a quilting machine on the frame it is a stitch machine
    mema

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast