Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Memory Failure!! >

Memory Failure!!

Memory Failure!!

Old 01-16-2012, 04:09 AM

Default Memory Failure!!

Why is it our brains lets us remember a pattern, but then we forget where we saved it GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Does anybody remember seeing the baby quilt ... it's a free pattern and you can make 2 quilts at the same time. The only thing my brain lets me remember about it is it starts with a big square. OMG I even have the fabric all cut out but can't for the life of me find the pattern. This "SUMTIMERS" is really getting on my last nerve!!! Your help is well appreciated. Thanks, Wendy
Old 01-16-2012, 05:31 AM

that happen to me once. went to the lqs and
bought another one. two days later guess what?
yup, found it undersome fabric.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:46 AM

I know exactly which one you are talking about. You cut once and I think it is roughly about two yards of fabric. Each quilt has the opposite predominate color. Sorry... I do not know how to explain it very well. But I ran across that pattern a longgggg while ago when I was first learning to quilt.

Long story short.... I do not have the webpage address, but I am going to help you search for it.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Power Poster

Was it the one that you used 1 yard of 3 different coloured fabrics to get 3 baby quilts? I believe it was a modifed 9 Patch, if that was the one. I can't remember where to find the post or the site it was from either. It was so simple I didn't bookmark it. You stacked all three layers on a large cutting mat. (or you could do them one at a time) You cut 10-12 inches off all 4 sides. You then switch up the exact same size blocks with the different colours to form 3 different quilts.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:28 AM

This one: http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/details.html?idx=184
Old 01-16-2012, 10:46 AM

I used that three at once Super Size 9 patch pattern one afternoon on a guild sewing day and made 6 baby quilt tops. If we had had three more coordinating fabrics I probably could have gotten 9 done. It's very fast and very easy.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by TShooters View Post
OMG TShooters, I could jump right through this screen and give you a great big hug!!!!! That's it!!! Ohhhh thank all of you for your help. God love ya, cuz you sure made my night. Thank you soooo much. I saved it and I printed it, surely to God I won't loose it again. I knew it was simple but my simplier brain lost out, LOL Wendy
Old 01-16-2012, 06:00 PM

I had seen this pattern before, but never printed it out. I did this time. I just got some fabric today and it was flannel. I thought it was cotton, so much for reading discription before ordering on line. One piece is cream, the other brown. Not exactly baby colors, but I have some other pretty flannels in baby prints that I can use with the fabric I just got. No babies due around my family that I know of, but would make great charity quilts. Thanks
Old 01-16-2012, 06:14 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for the link. This is a real workable pattern. A great way to highlight some of the really cute fabrics.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

I for one am grateful for your memory failure. I have not seen this one before, so thanks to you and TShooters I now have a copy.....and a few new ideas....thank you!