Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: memory quilt

just finished printing the pictures for the memory quilt. How is the best way to hand or machine quilt with the pictures. I understand you don't quilt the pictures, which makes sense. But what is the best way to finish the quilt. Each picture is a 6" square and there will be one of four squares in each 12" square, one of which is a picture, if this makes sense. All the material used is from my nephew's wife's clothing. Most of the squares are 12" finished. Other squares will have 4 -6"finished making up the finished 12" . It is like a teeshirt quilt.
    So how is the best way to finish quilting it??
    '

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    How about a fancy stitch along each seam line. Similar to a stitch in the ditch but you sew above the ditch and not in it.

i thought about that too plus doing a quilting stitch along the sashing that I am sewing around the squares. My problem will be trying to stretch the quilt so it will be free of winkles so I can quilt it. It will be a queen size when it is completed. Any suggestions there.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I wish I could give a suggestion for that. I did a queen and I pinned basted the heck out of it but still had problems with wrinkles. I don't have this problem with the smaller quilts.

thanks. I have no problems with the small quilts either but my hubby said we will figure out a way to make it taut. It is nice to have the hubby interested.