Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: memory quilts

Does anyone have any suggestions on attaching the photos that I've printed on fabric to a plain block? The edges are really raggedy and I'm not sure how to attach them to my block of material. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Do I sew around the pics and sort of frame them? I'm stuck here trying to figure this out. Very new to quilting. Blessings, Georgia

Blog Entries
    I would square up the printed blocks, and add your sashing to the sides and then the top and bottom of them. :D:D:D

I put sashing on mine and then join them together.

hanks Amma and Littlehud , I will try this. thanks alot

I also used sashing, but have seen patterns where they used trims like lace around pics that were different sizes and appliqued on blocks. It was really nice looking, cut pics heart shaped etc.

Live in Michigan, but I'm in Heaven when in my sewing room
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by georgia
    Does anyone have any suggestions on attaching the photos that I've printed on fabric to a plain block? The edges are really raggedy and I'm not sure how to attach them to my block of material. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Do I sew around the pics and sort of frame them? I'm stuck here trying to figure this out. Very new to quilting. Blessings, Georgia
    I usually iron them onto the block with the 2 sided interfacing and them applique around them with a decorative stitch. They turn out very nice. I have done this several times on pillows, tree skirts. They make very nice gifts.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Peggy Thats really pretty. Nice work.Thanks

This is what I made for our 25th wedding anniversary quilt. The photos are from throughout the years and the center is a cross-stitch piece. It is a simple design, but worked up well. I used the iron-on transfer sheets from HP. A little tricky to work with so I would recommend practice with some small photos first.

Pretty quilt, Thanks

I made this small quilt for a friend a few of years ago. It is all the classes of a Christian School, and they auctioned the quilt as a fund-raiser.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast