Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Men and the Art of Quiltmaking

Banned
    This new book by Joe Cunningham, published by AQS, is now available. Interesting stories about men who quilt. An exhibit of quilts from the book will be at the AQS show in Des Moines, Iowa this weekend.

I love him.

he's not a quilter but my 82 year old dad has started to really appreciate quilting. he even when with me to the last quilt show i went to. if anything, he was more absored in the quilts than i was! this man who is usually in a rush carefully looked at each quilt and made comments or ask questions. he was eager to cast his vote for people's choice. what fun to have dad truly appreciating my "hobby".

Banned
    Yes, I am in the book. I didn't want to appear forward so was waiting for someone else to discover it.

Look forward to reading the articles, and thanks for the posting.

Blog Entries
    cool, it was a pleasure chatting with you last night in live chat, I created a thread so we can find teachers for our meet and greets, sew days and retreats

Quote Originally Posted by Holice
    Yes, I am in the book. I didn't want to appear forward so was waiting for someone else to discover it.

Quote Originally Posted by laurac
    he's not a quilter but my 82 year old dad has started to really appreciate quilting. he even when with me to the last quilt show i went to. if anything, he was more absored in the quilts than i was! this man who is usually in a rush carefully looked at each quilt and made comments or ask questions. he was eager to cast his vote for people's choice. what fun to have dad truly appreciating my "hobby".
    My husband has been to some local, and one huge quilt show with me. I asked him what he would do with my things If i passed suddenly. Would he respect my wishes and pass my beloved fabrics on to my friends? He said he would take up quilting. I don't know if he means it ;-)