Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Mens ties

I was just wondering if I go to the trouble of cleaning out my husband's closet of all his ties, would it be worth selling them for 50 cents a piece? We have been married for almost 36 years and over the time he has collected a lot of ties, some from his father. I see where some people have used them and I certainly have NO creative ability or want to take the time to make something of them. They are made of polyester, silk, wool and range from cheap to expensive quality...some name brands. Any interest?

Quote Originally Posted by marknfran
    I was just wondering if I go to the trouble of cleaning out my husband's closet of all his ties, would it be worth selling them for 50 cents a piece? We have been married for almost 36 years and over the time he has collected a lot of ties, some from his father. I see where some people have used them and I certainly have NO creative ability or want to take the time to make something of them. They are made of polyester, silk, wool and range from cheap to expensive quality...some name brands. Any interest?
    I'm sure many will be delighted to get them ... though you may regret letting them go later. I SO wish that I had all my husband's ties when I see all the great projects others are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    I'm sure many will be delighted to get them ... though you may regret letting them go later. I SO wish that I had all my husband's ties when I see all the great projects others are doing.
    I told him he could keep 15 ties and the rest must go! :lol:

OHHHH, visions of crazy quilts are bouncing thru my head!

Banned
    i'm not sure what the market would be unless someone is colecting for a project. Have you seen any advertised on ebay?

Blog Entries
    They are a lot more than that at our 2nd hand stores, so it would be a good deal around here.

since i go to the thrift shops and pick them up for between 75 cents and $2 (my limit) i think you will easily be able to get rid of them for that price!
    i do think you have to obtain (a regular) status here before you offer them though.

i think ties are so pretty. how many do you have?

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-22667-1.htm

Check this members "Tie" out!

OK, I will go through the closet and get them all together. It has been a year since DH wore a tie. Thankyou for the PMs. I am not going to separate them according to the fabric they are made of. Will just bundle them together and take a picture and list them.