If you didn't catch the post on my color matching madness you can find it here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-97773-1.htm
The Zelda Project has been driving me absolutely crazy since the whole Moda Marble fiasco. What happened was I went on a website where I could input a color and find fabric matches for that color. I used that website to find fabric matches for the Zelda Project, a series of quilted versions of the stained glass windows found in Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. When I actually went to go find places that sold the fabrics I had picked out I could not find a single one.
Since then I have been driving myself crazy. I can't just print out the images and try to match them to physical fabrics or even paint chips or something to reference off of. The pictures won't print out in the correct colors. For instance, the window that has a lot of varying shades of green when printed out looks like it was colored in with practically the same shade of green. I even printed out the color keys and sent them to 1-hour Photo and the colors still turned out funny. My screen's calibrated and the images I pulled from ZeldaWiki match the windows when I view them in the game so I think the printer's printing the colors wrong rather than the colors being wrong on my screen.
I have tried everything to match these colors to something. Looked up websites to try and find virtual paint chips to match with the colors on my computer (in hopes I could collect the real chips later). Tweaked around with the colors on PhotoShop in hopes they'd look correct when printed out. Even bought a 120 ct. box of Crayola crayons and a 50 ct. package of markers and made my own color swatches to try and match to the color on the screen. None of these were successful.
It occured to me today that one of the websites (CraftConn) I have listed in my favorites is supposed to have every single Moda Marble available. Strange that none of the colors I picked out couldn't be found on there. So I checked to see if Moda discontinued any of their marbled fabrics and came up with nothing. I then went back to the website where I found my fabric matches and searched for a fabric I had picked out.
It was at this point I realized I had wrote the wrong number for every single fabric and that's why I couldn't find them. When you scroll the mouse over the thumbnail a 4-digit number pops up. I thought that was the manufacture's number. In reality, to get the manufacture's number you have to click on the actual image and there will be a pop up of all the fabric's info. Course I put in that number at CraftConn and the fabric popped up in the search.
I feel so stupid. Besides wasting my sanity for the past couple weeks I could have saved myself $20 (spent on coloring supplies). I guess I just have to go back and find those fabrics again and write down the correct numbers. Ugh...I'm mentally exhausted by color.