Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Messed up. >

Messed up.

Messed up.

Old 11-24-2015, 02:52 PM

Glad it worked out. I just finished fmq and 81"x81" quilt with a geometric design (9 rows and columns of 9" blocks). In order to get it through the 7" throat of my machine I split the batting and then quilted 5 columns of the 9 column quilt, took it out of my machine to put the other part of the batting in and realized I didn't like it at all. I was going for wonky chevrons inside quarter square triangle and wonky rectangles in squares, but they just looked a little too wobbly. Thinking it would grow on me I put it aside, sometimes that works and I find that a few days or so later I don't mind the thing that seemed so bothersome immediately after quilting. Buut, in this case a few days turned into 6 months and I still didn't like it. Obviously I needed to use rulers to make the designs more regular (still wonky, but not wobbly if that makes sense). So I unquilted a square at a time and requilted using my ruler foot and straight ruler, then put in the rest of the batting, STID'd and quilted the rest. Much happier. Sometimes you just know you're not going to be happy unless you redo.

Rob