Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Met Board Members Today

Today five board members plus one brave son met in Knoxville, TN. We had an early lunch at TGI Fridays, then went shopping at Mammaw's Thimble Fabric and Quilt Shop. Vivian, shop owner, invited us to use the Board room to visit after shopping. How wonderful to put faces with avatars! Attending today were grandjan, Ann B, Noahscats7, Ashley R and son, Andrew, and EdieClay. The coolest thing happened at the restaurant. After introductions, Ann B and Noahscats7 realized that they had been best childhood friends fifty years ago, who had lost touch with each other. We had such a good time today that we hope to do it again.

Grandjan, Andrew, Ashley R, Ann B, Edie Clay, Noahscats7
    Name:  Attachment-275470.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  62.1 KB

Blog Entries
    so happy you got to meet quilt board members always so much fun and thanks for sharing the photo with us

I have already set up 5 meet and greets in my area and lots of fun, I have met 68 quilting board members to date and lots of us lives close by

That looks like such a fun time.

Power Poster
    looks like a fun day thanks for sharing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EdieClay
    The coolest thing happened at the restaurant. After introductions, Ann B and Noahscats7 realized that they had been best childhood friends fifty years ago, who had lost touch with each other.
    this is amazing!!!

So glad you all got together! I hope to join you on the next one. DH is healing gradually. DS and DIL have been here for 2 days, most of the day. They decided it was a good time to bring all their stuff over for a garage sale and look after the old folks at the same time. They live in Loudon County near the end of Northshore.
    I love to meet folks I have "talked" to on the board. Another group I belong to has a retreat every year, so we get to put faces to names. What a treat for the 2 who knew each other years ago!

Linda

Blog Entries
    That is wonderful. What a sweet picture of everyone. Nice going.

It's a lot of fun to meet "in person" people that you already know online!! You gals look like you were having a wonderful time!!

Temple, TX (Transplanted from New York 2010)
    I am so very glad that you all had such a wonderful time. Someday I will be able to go to a meet & greet too. Someday.....

debra

Blog Entries
    Meeting the board members today was so great. Edie did a wonderful job doing the planning. She also brought dessert for us and a fat quarter for everyone. Meeting one of my Best childhood friends was awesome. I have yet to come down off that cloud. Our houses lined up one street apart. So unreal!!!!!! Everyone was so nice and we are no longer strangers as we talked the same language....quilting.
    Shoot, even Andrew learned a new word or two. He"s a high school freshman and such a nice young man. He was a jewel to put up with us. LOL Just a great day!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast