Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mettler Thread

Blog Entries

Mettler Thread

This seems to be the only olace I can post at this tome. I know it should be in main. Where is the best place to buy mettler thread. Just bought a baggie of thread at yard sale. There was a partial spool of Mettler in there. Just tried it & now I'm hooked so want to buy more
    True4uca

Blog Entries
    for hand quilting or for machine piecing/quilting?
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: patricej@quiltingboard.com

Blog Entries
    Have you tried Aurifil? I used Mettler silk finish cotton thread until I tried Aurifil 50wt 2-ply. *Much* prefer the Aurifil! A lot less lint, plus more fits on the bobbin so less bobbin-changing required.

Edit: Not sure about the best place to buy, but I have used http://www.redrockthreads.com for discount thread purchases. They carry both Mettler and Aurifil.
    Last edited by Prism99; 10-07-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
    for hand quilting or for machine piecing/quilting?
    Sorry, I should say I want it for piecing. What happened to my post, I did not make those typos.
    True4uca

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    Have you tried Aurifil? I used Mettler silk finish cotton thread until I tried Aurifil 50wt 2-ply. *Much* prefer the Aurifil! A lot less lint, plus more fits on the bobbin so less bobbin-changing required.

Edit: Not sure about the best place to buy, but I have used http://www.redrockthreads.com for discount thread purchases. They carry both Mettler and Aurifil.
    Thank you for posting this link.
    True4uca

The man who cleans my sewing machine (Viking) says he recommends Mettler despite the lint. He says just clean it often. Anyway, I buy mine at my local quilt shop, but sometimes if I want a lot of one color, I get it from www.joann.com.

Blog Entries
    Superior Threads, Atlanta Thread Company, Connecting Threads, Fabric.com, Keepsake quilting, Nancy's notions, Clotildes are all places where you can find a variety of threads- including mettler- among many more- many lqs', joannes...the list goes on & on...
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

According to the internet, Joann's sells Mettler thread.

My local quilt shop does not carry Mettler -- she carries Gutterman -- but will order me a box (5 spools) from her distributor (Checker Dist). I always buy it by the box -- heaven forbid, I should run out!!! At the start of any spool of thread, I fill every empty bobbin I can find!

Banned
    Superior Threads does not carry Aurifil or Mettler
    I use Aurifil 50wt cotton for machine piecing with Superior Threads' Bottom Line in the bobbin*
    I use Mettler 60wt cotton embroidery thread for hand piecing.
    * I buy their pre-wound bobbins (superBobs). The thread is so thin it doesn't matter what colour you use. I once pieced a twin top with 1 bobbin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast