Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Miche Bag Patterns >

Miche Bag Patterns

Miche Bag Patterns

Old 12-04-2010, 06:07 AM

Has anyone tried to make or aware of a pattern for the Miche Bag shells? http://www.michebag.com/ Thanks.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:39 AM

I have seen ones people have made, but there was a big to do on another forum I am on about it was not legal as it was copyrighted weather this is so or not I don't know but everyone on the forum seemed to think so I think someone had made some and put them up for sale, not sure you might want to check on it. I think it's a great idea but don't want to step on anyones toes.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:53 AM

Boy, wouldn't that be fantastic? I would make some just for my own use, if there were a pattern. I am a Miche Bag freak, and have about 20 shells :)
Old 12-04-2010, 07:31 AM

I'm planning on buying them for myself and 2 daughters for Christmas. Just thought if I could make some additional shells for us that would be cool. Not planning on selling them, so I wouldn't think there would be a problem. I have a ton of hone dec fabric samples that I have been collecting from my interior design jobs that would probably work well for this purpose.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:38 AM

That is a very cool idea . . .
Old 12-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Cyn

I use to sew for Jane Wayne gear and make bags. As long as they were for my use- I could make them.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:13 AM

There is a pattern out there for a bag the has interchangable covers. saw it at a quilt expo last year. I don't remember the name. Not exactly like a miche but the same idea.
i would think if you already had the base you could figure out how the make a cover. It's your bag, they really can't tell you what to do with it after you buy it.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
Boy, wouldn't that be fantastic? I would make some just for my own use, if there were a pattern. I am a Miche Bag freak, and have about 20 shells :)
I've been checking reviews online for the Miche Bag and there seems to be a lot of people experiencing quality issues with this purse. Have you had any problems with them?
Old 12-04-2010, 11:02 AM

They had these bags in a raffle at the hospital in October when I went in for tests. I wished I had gotten a ticket or two to see if I would win one of those bags. I like the idea of one bag and just changing the shell and seeing if people are going to ask you how many bags do you have? The was one inparticular that I liked so I will have to look for a store where I can buy one. I have seen some that were made, but a very similar pattern, but I do not know which site it was on. It was quite awhile ago. Huggies, Fay
Old 12-04-2010, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by katied772
Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
I've been checking reviews online for the Miche Bag and there seems to be a lot of people experiencing quality issues with this purse. Have you had any problems with them?
The only problem I have had in 3 years is that the edge of one of the inside pockets came loose - and I just handstitched it back up. One of the best benefits of these bags, is having a different look for every outfit, but the INSIDES of your purse always stays the SAME!