Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Michigan quilt

Ok i need your help, a friend of mine want a Michigan quilt, it's colors are maize and blue, i need a block (not to hard) and some contrasting ideas, (maize and blue) are boring, any suggestions. Thanks. Denise

Carol Doak has a book out with paper pieced starts for each state. You might want to check that out.

go to Bearpaw quilting co. they have lots of licensed fabrics including michigan university fabrics, seeing the different designs may give you some ideas

Here is a link to a site that has a quilt block for each state http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art23676.asp. As far as the colors I think the blue and maize will really look nice once you start making the blocks. I would look for batiks in those colors - unless you've already purchased fabric. I hope you show us your finished work when its done.

Banned
    I did a queen Yellow Brick Road as a wedding present for a friend in yellows and blues.
    I loved it and so did they.
    I saw the pattern on line recently, so it's still available and very easy (and forgiving of mistakes)

thank you all for the ideas i will check them all, i will post when i get it done. Denise

I had to make a wall hanging for someone using beige and light blue. I also thought the same thing...how boring!! You will just have to look hard to find a focus fabric with your colors with another color to make it seem not so boring. I added a really nice chocolate brown and actually found an unboring beige and light blue fabric. Good Luck...its hard to work with fabrics that are not your favorite colors...

Northwestern Lower Michigan/Seminole, Florida
    I am going to try to attach a picture of a Michigan log cabin quilt that I made a few years ago. "M" or "wolverine" for the center block and blue and maize for the logs.
    Attached Images Attached Images