Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Mid-arm for inspira frame

Mid-arm for inspira frame

If you could have any mid arm or even regular machine with a good size to fit the frame - new or vintage - what would you have staying under 1k. We have looked at the brother and the juki - really want something fast. Thanks for the input.

Blog Entries
    I think the only midarm machine you could purchase for under $1,000 would be a used stretched machine (stretched Juki or stretched Singer), and they would not be the high-speed stitchers. I have a Voyager 17 which is a stretched industrial Singer so it has the higher stitching speed; however, it would be hard to find one of those used for under $1,000. If I had to choose a machine in the under 1K price range, it would be the Juki 2010Q. However, that is a shortarm machine; to be considered a midarm, the machine needs to have a harp size of 13 inches or larger.

Your best bet would probably be to keep a close eye on craigslist; some people get lucky that way.

I bought a Juki (new) mid-arm for $699 and it is really fast. I had to get a speed controller for it. It sews great and makes a nice stitch.

I have the Juki 98 and the 2010 (on a frame) both do fmq very well. Check Kens Sewing center on the internet. The 2010 runs about $899 but sometimes he may have a class model for sale. Same warranty and saves a few dollars. They run about 17-1800 spm. I've done fmq on and off the frame and would not change brands.