Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Mid arm quilting help

Mid arm quilting help

I just got a long arm and am looking for a book that has continuous line quilting designs for me to practice with. Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    this looks like a good book http://www.amazon.com/250-Continuous.../dp/B002GYH6R8

but there are lots of website where you can buy individual designs. i just googled continuous quilting designs
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    and congrats on your new machine!
    Nancy in western NY

I'm not sure if you're looking for good all-over patterns, or for more intricate designs. For the more intricate things, any of the Karen McTavish books are great. The latest quilting book I purchased was Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Walters. I found some good free motion designs in that. Another book that I liked was Freemotion Quilting by Judy Woodworth.

Congrats on your new machine. What kind is it and why did you choose it?
    jean

My two favorites are FreeHanding by Darlene Epp (kinda pricey...three small spiral bound books. I use them EVERY time I quilt) and the 2 DVDs by the Pajama Quilter. She is funny and very encouraging for a newbie. I quilt on a Gammill now, but started out on a short arm system. If you need an ear, I'm your girl! I had NO ONE that 'spoke' quilt frame. Even my DH was clueless...many tears and starts and stops later, I am pretty comfortable quilting what comes my way. Keep repeating :its a journey!

http://www.pajamaquilter.com/

ps: I could not do a pantograph for the life of me for about 6 months. It just seemed like I needed more control than if I freemotioned. My BIG AhHA moment was from the Pajama quilter. She has you practice on a big dry erase board. Don't put your elbow down as you are training your arm and shoulder the movements. You can e-mail me if I can be of any help.

soccertxi@aol.com

(sorry about all the underlining! I spent 10 mins trying to turn it off to no avail!)

Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain