Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Mid Arm Quilting Machines >

Mid Arm Quilting Machines

Mid Arm Quilting Machines

Old 06-26-2014, 11:07 AM

Default Mid Arm Quilting Machines

I currenly do my free motion quilting on either my Bernina Artista 730 or my Juki 2010Q. I love them both and wouldn't trade them for the world. But they don't offer much space for quilting. Like jackiequilts4fun, I am interested in purchasing a gently used mid-to-long arm quilting machine and frame without breaking the bank. My first choice - Innova. Not many used ones out there. Second choice - APQS. Came close an a couple of deals and still have a couple of options available. Third choice - undecided. Voyager, Bailey, and Nolting have all been recommended to me. Please give me your opinions and comments if you now have or have had any of these makes of machines in the past. Thanks!
Old 06-26-2014, 01:37 PM

Definitely Innova. 24 hour customer service can't be beat and the machines are phenomenal. Lightning stitch is an amazing stitch regulator and if you do pantographs, pantovision is the way to go!!
Old 06-26-2014, 02:34 PM

I have the HandiQuilter 16. I know many users are trading up to the Fusion or Avante, so you may be able to find a gently used one still.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:44 PM
Power Poster

I love my Innova. One of the reasons there aren't many used ones available is that after-sale upgrades can be made to the machine, usually without the help of a technician. That means you can have the newest features without trading in your machine.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:37 PM
Power Poster

I have a Voyager and love it, but yearn for an Innova. You may be able to find a used Voyager/Hinty setup for less than $3,000. It makes a good entry level setup and retains a lot of value if you decide to sell it later. You do need the Hinterberg stretch frame with the Voyager; other frames are not strong enough to handle the weight of the Voyager and still provide smooth movement.