Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: MID ARM QUILTING MACHINES (UP-DATE PLEASE)

I know we have discussed this topic previously, but I am interested in current experience from other quilters.

Does anyone own/use a Bailey mid-arm machine with a quilt frame for their quilting? If so, what do you like/dislike about it? What frame do you have and what do you like/dislike about it?

I am planning to buy something for my new sewing room and don't want to be limited to a 9" sewing pattern. I also do not want to spend a small fortune. Bigger may be better, but sometimes some things are just too big!

Any suggestions you have will be carefully considered.

tj
    hi june i have a baileys pro 15 and it's on a henterburg frame. i love them i havent found any thing i dont like ! the machine runs so quite and smoth it's really nice all i can say is i dont regreat getting either of them.

I use a Juki TL-98Q machine on a B-Line frame. The machine is perfect, quiet, and a workhorse. The frame expands to king size but takes 2 people to do it. I have a quilt in it now that is 110" X 110".

I plan to sell the frame eventually and buy a New Joy that I played with in a local store. It seems smoother and lighter weight than the B-Line.

Happy quilting! :wink:

I think everyone would appreciate if you would post some pictures of machine and frame....thanks :D

No problem ... well, one tiny problem. My digital camera's battery needs to recharge before I can get a pic.

In the mean time, you can check this link that has lots of info and some good pics.

Also, I order lots of quilting supplies from Bayside. They are great, very fast (I ordered some prewound bobbins and got them in 3 days!). You may want tos sign up for their sales notices via email.

https://www.baysidequilting.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1184

P.S. You may want to scroll through this link. Toward to bottom you can see a small child using the frame ... it was the selling point for me :wink:

http://www.baysidequilting.com/warmwishes.htm