Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Mid/Long arm quilting - help

I am new to quilting in the past year, year and a half. I have a midarm quilting machine - Juki with a joy frame... Does anyone have a stitch regulator attached to theirs? Can you explain how it should be attached? Have the setup since February but have not used it yet.... Not sure if I can do free motion, does anyone use the pantos? Which is easier to learn?

It's a little hard to describe without knowing which stitch regulator it is- I have a Grace stitch regulator, and it can be a touch tricky.

Which stitch regulator do you have? Did it come with instructions? If it is a Grace, they are AMAZING at walking you through the set-up. Best customer service ever, and much more efficient than one of us trying to tell you, IMO.

You need to set it up! It's the most fun ever. I don't have pantos, just do all free motion and I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by garhowell
    I am new to quilting in the past year, year and a half. I have a midarm quilting machine - Juki with a joy frame... Does anyone have a stitch regulator attached to theirs? Can you explain how it should be attached? Have the setup since February but have not used it yet.... Not sure if I can do free motion, does anyone use the pantos? Which is easier to learn?
    My sister and I have a New Joy Gold frame with a Janome 1600P on it. We don't have a stitch regulator yet. Once we set up the frame and machine we practiced doing free motion quilting. Quilted three or four quilt with simple meandering. I found some 4-4/12" pantos and I have done one quilt using the panto. It didn't turn out all that bad.
    You should set your system up and start practicing on the free motion. then when you are comfortable with the machine, start on the pantos and see which you like best.

Blog Entries
    Hello and Welcome to the board :D:D:D

Welcome to the board from Southern California!!!

How do you learn free motion quilting with sewing machine on a frame? Illsa

Quote Originally Posted by Illsa
    How do you learn free motion quilting with sewing machine on a frame? Illsa
    the machine is able to go in all directions so free motion is not using a pattern or pantograph to guide you. It is similar to using the sewing machine you just move the machine and not the fabric.