Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Midarm quilting machine

Midarm quilting machine

I have just recently purchased a 1980's model Singer Mid Arm quilting machine. But there are no instructions. Does anybody have some time to give me pointers. I am really looking forward to actually quilting by machine. And I know it is trial and error. But there must be some starter tips. So far I havent found any shops that offer classes or advice.
    Thank you for your time.
    Sheila

Have you tried Google to see if you can get printed instructions for your particular machine? What is the name and model number of your machine?
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Minnesota and happy quilting Sorry that I can't help you with your machine.
    Nancy in western NY

Is this a free motion quilting machine on a frame? If it is just thread her up and do some stippling. You will learn as you go. Have fun.
    Mary in TX

I think I have a similar machine. My biggest problem has been no stitch regulator. Right now I'm pretty frustrated with the stitch quality but I need to just keep practicing. When I first got the machine, had problem doing any stitches. Took it in and had it serviced, had a nick in the rotary hook and needed to be timed so I know the problems I'm now having is me, not the machine. I think the advise of threading it up and start sewing is good advice. Also practice, practice, practice. I need to heed that advice...soon after getting all my little projects done, I'll have time to do just that, PRACTICE.

Blog Entries
    Follow Leah Day's blog and you'll be up and running in no time.
    www.freemotionquilting.blogspot.com
    I used to be "hot", now it's just "hot flashes!"

what model is your machine? I am looking for one and I want to know what models to look for. Hope you find what you need! Thanks