Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Middle TN Quilters  - Check out this Quilt Shop >

Middle TN Quilters - Check out this Quilt Shop

Middle TN Quilters - Check out this Quilt Shop

Old 07-13-2011, 01:46 PM

Today I visited Silver Threads-N-Golden Needles in Chapel Hill, TN. It was my first visit and I was impressed with the shop, but importantly experienced more than excellent customer service.

As I entered the door I was greeted by owner Cindy and shown around the shop. I had originally planned to stop for a few minutes, but the ladies there (including customers, drop-in quilters and Needlegrammy :wink: ) were so helpful I stayed 2 hours. I received advice from Needlegrammy for three baby quilts and received personal help for fabric selection.

When the bill rang up it was $50 less than I expected as fabric is priced at $8.50 or less a yard. (I purchased some at $6.50/yard.) Bali Pops were $31.

Formerly a house/florist, Silver Threads organizes each room by fabric theme. The living room is a group sewing room...ie. You can bring you machine in to sew any day (unless there's a workshop). Cindy has a longarm room too.

Needlegrammy is hoping a group of quilters from Middle TN become an established group meeting there on a regular basis.

By the way, I did not (will not) get any perks by posting this message. It's a nice shop and I want to help promote businesses in my area.

PS Needlegrammy told me about the QB doll quilt exchange. It sounds like something I can do!
Old 07-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Google Goddess

Wow, sounds like a nice shop.

Please set up a sew group so you can have fun quilting with others.

Karen, Craftybear
Old 07-13-2011, 04:36 PM

Where is Chapel Hill? I'm going to middle TN next week!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:27 AM

Thanks for the recommendation. Will have to stop by & explore the shop; sounds wonderful. Since turn-about is fair play, let me recommend a LQS in Smithville TN that is just as welcoming & has Moda for $7.99 & many nice fabrics for $4.99! Owners are friendly & helpful. It's Country Lane Quilts & Gifts.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by CompulsiveQuilter
Where is Chapel Hill? I'm going to middle TN next week!
It's southwest of Murfreesboro.

130 South Horton Parkway, Chapel Hill, 37034.

Here's the map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=130+So...ed=0CBYQ8gEwAA
Old 07-14-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by merry
Thanks for the recommendation. Will have to stop by & explore the shop; sounds wonderful. Since turn-about is fair play, let me recommend a LQS in Smithville TN that is just as welcoming & has Moda for $7.99 & many nice fabrics for $4.99! Owners are friendly & helpful. It's Country Lane Quilts & Gifts.
Hey Thanks! I've been to Smithville a few times. I'll have to stop in next time I head east. :-)
Old 07-15-2011, 01:03 PM

I stopped by the shop today and Cindy mentioned a group from another community is stopping by next week. Chapel Hill doesn't have much for lunch outside of sandwiches so she offered to make lunch for the group in the shop's full kitchen. For $5 each shopper have a luncheon with drink. What a fun time!

Hmmmm.....I need to find more local quilt friends in Middle TN. Most of mine are in MI.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:23 PM

There are a few of us - pretty spread out but always up for getting together to explore LQS. Have you been to Country Store Quilt Shop in Shop Springs or The Most Amazing Quilt Shop in Cookeville? They are real jewels.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by merry
There are a few of us - pretty spread out but always up for getting together to explore LQS. Have you been to Country Store Quilt Shop in Shop Springs or The Most Amazing Quilt Shop in Cookeville? They are real jewels.
I checked online and found a listing for the Country Store Quilt Shop in Watertown . Is that the one?

I haven't been to The Most Amazing Quilt Shop, but I'll put it on my list too. My boys are going back to UT for grad school and its on the way. :)

Thanks for sharing.

I just started seeking out quilt shops when they graduated a few years back. I've been to Loose Threads in Harriman (small but packed with a great cross section--I love their fun fabrics), Little Blessings Quilt Shop(medium-sized and traditional shops with a wide selection) in Crossville and Mammaw's Thimble Fabric (huge and well-organized) in Knoxville.

If you're heading to Chapel Hill, there are three quilt shops in Franklin to see (Quilting Squares--lovely shop with cotton fabric, wool applique and yarn; Stitchers Garden --it's an experience you'll not forget; and Sewing Machine Station--small like Silver Threads but has more contemporary fabric)

In fact, you may want to head toward Franklin and work your way back east to Chapel Hill and then to Quilt Connection (small traditional shop) in Murfreesboro before you head home.

There ya go! Start early in Franklin, lunch at Silver Threads and then head back east for one more shop (M'boro) before you head home for the day. :lol:
Old 10-26-2014, 11:19 AM

country store in Watertown is closed