Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Might you share some Creative Help?  Completely Done >

Might you share some Creative Help? Completely Done

Might you share some Creative Help? Completely Done

Old 06-21-2008, 02:04 PM

A fluffy bunny or three might be just the right thing... I don't have any fleece, so if you really don't mind sharing I'll let you know if I go that route.

blahel~ it's a shame really how limited I am with this quilt. What you see of the bunny fabric is all there is that I can find, and now I can say I've raided my mother's stash too! If I remember I have seventeen ninepatch blocks, I need 18 to go all the way around that yellow bunny block - it will be a tight squeeze to find enough of the applique fabric from dd's clothes to make the last...
Old 06-21-2008, 02:28 PM

It sure is looking cute so far! You could always pretend it's a round robin and keep adding creative borders to make it bigger. You could make it "grow" like your little girl.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:45 PM

That's seriously what I was thinking Chele! :D But I don't really want to start adding borders, until I know what will go in the middle.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:46 PM

Here's my two cents ..I like the photo idea....good luck :-)
Old 07-29-2008, 03:23 PM

It's done! The entire quilt from beginning to end, even the binding. It took me a little while with how to come up with the center (thanks for all your suggestions, but after that the rest seemed to fly by. This is our little family outside under and beautiful Florida sky complete with a Mickey Mouse up in the clouds. Thank you all so much for your input!

My daughter LOVES playing outside, Mickey Mouse (of course), and I put us each in little outfits we wear. DH in a cowboy hat decked out in black, me in a blue dress I wear all the time, and dd in the pink dress I made for her.

Around that are the applique pieces that would have been ruined if used in my heart quilt (just a little bit to big most of them).

Lorretta gets full credit with the top and bottom pink block rows, she had a garage sale find that she gave me. :D I'd bet I'd still be thinking about how to grow it big enough, if she hadn't sent me that fabric!

And the outside edge is a Winnie the Pooh Blue Toile that DH picked up for me on super clearance.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-45522.jpe  
Old 07-29-2008, 03:29 PM

Oh and I nearly forgot I labeled this one on the front, each corner says one of the following. It's hand stitched and done with my own signature which I think will be nice for her down the road.

Baby Clothes Applique Quilt
Spring - Summer 2008
For dd
Made with Love by me
Old 07-29-2008, 04:19 PM

I love your quilt. Jessica will treasure it. She is a lucky girl to have it. I'm so happy to see that green block and the pictures of you, your dh, and Jessica. Thank you for showing me this. You did good sweet friend. :thumbup:
Old 07-29-2008, 04:23 PM

Wow one green block, I never notice there was only that one little green block right there nearly centered underneath the center! That was a hand me down gift from a dear friend of mine, I made it from the bib that matched the outfit!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:27 PM

Have you thought of handprints in dark and light blue fabric? Just a thought......

Susan
Old 07-29-2008, 04:58 PM

Well handprints would have been a good idea... But it's done already. :D ;)