Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: For Mimisharon and Husband (Sharon don't peek)

Diamonds, your block is really beautiful! Nice fabrics! You have to autograph it! That way Sharon will know it's from you! Even your initials in a corner. Don't you dare mess up that pretty thing! LOL! I doubt you could. Really pretty block! KUDOS! I love it!

Snowb and ShellyQ, you guys amaze me! Perfect piecing and extra touches. You know Sharon will be so thrilled. Did you send Kleenex with those blocks? They are so pretty! :D :D :D

Diamonds, How about Silver or Gold ink for a signature in the middle block. That would be really pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaRae
    Diamonds, How about Silver or Gold ink for a signature in the middle block. That would be really pretty.

I did try that :lol: It has Diamonds on the back in the center block... Definately not what I thought it would look like. :( .. I was very relieved I did not try it on the front first...

DonnaRae~~ Sorry to hear you had to go through cancer sugery, but please know that cancer is no longer a death sentence. A lot has been learned since those days. I, too, have had cancer...mine was the vocal chords. I had my first surgery for it in 1995, then it stayed dormant (it was in the membrane, but wasn't spreading) until 2001. I took both chemo and radiation for 7 weeks. I have since had some basal cell cancers removed from my hand and wrist. My medical oncologist dismissed me in June, 2007. I still see my surgeon every 4 months, but I'm cancer free.

I refused to read all the info that well-meaning friends sent me about cancer, but instead watched funny movies and shows and laughed. In fact, sometimes I had my doctor's in stitches. I was never sick from the chemo, although toward the end of treatments I was really tired. However, I finished treatments in Aug., 2001 and we took the grandkids to Disney World in Oct. and I rode every ride. I had also gotten a total knee replacement in Jan., 2001 so that was a memorable year for me even without 9/11.

Take care of yourself.

On The Go: How uplifting your story is. I hope if I'm ever faced with something so scary I have your spirit, outlook and positivity. You go, girl!

Feathers

Chele, Thank-you so much for the compliment. If I were in Sharon's shoes, I would probably need a whole carton of kleenex. LOL :!: It is amazing with the same pattern & color scheme, how different & beautiful the blocks all look. :thumbup: :roll:

This is my block for Sharon and Roy.

Sharon's Block
    Name:  Attachment-3903.jpe
Views: 3
Size:  76.6 KB

minda, your block is georgeous. i love the fabric.

Minda, your blues are stunning :thumbup: . Thanks Chele, I'm not very good with words in this sort of situation so it's real nice to be able to do a little something for her.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast