Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Missouri Star  Cotton and Poly thread. >

Missouri Star Cotton and Poly thread.

Missouri Star Cotton and Poly thread.

Old 06-28-2016, 05:02 AM
Power Poster

I have Glide and use it with the Glide prefilled magna bobbins. It is wonderful for fmq. My favorite go to color of Glide is Cleopatra. It blends with every fabric. I have almost every brand of thread. I would email and ask for a sample kit from the thread manufacturer. Usually the price of shipping is all I had to pay.

To find the Missour Star thread:
1. got to MSQC website
2 Click on Notions and Supplies
3 Click on Thread & ACcessories
4. Click on MSQC thread under product type. The sale has about emptied the stock by now though
5. Select cotton or poly or see them all.

Last edited by Onebyone; 06-28-2016 at 05:08 AM.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I have Glide and use it with the Glide prefilled magna bobbins. It is wonderful for fmq. My favorite go to color of Glide is Cleopatra. It blends with every fabric. I have almost every brand of thread. I would email and ask for a sample kit from the thread manufacturer. Usually the price of shipping is all I had to pay.

To find the Missour Star thread:
1. got to MSQC website
2 Click on Notions and Supplies
3 Click on Thread & ACcessories
4. Click on MSQC thread under product type. The sale has about emptied the stock by now though
5. Select cotton or poly or see them all.
Finally found it, strange but it took 3 tries before I could come up with their brand name, all the other brands were listed.
All the cotton is sold out, when it restocks I would like to try it, I do have huge supply of Connectingthreads.com cotton thread, I love it and when on sale less expensive then the MSQC.
Those who have the MSQC thread, does it say on the spool where it is made?
Old 06-28-2016, 05:38 AM

I never heard of Glide. Why do you like this thread?
Old 06-28-2016, 05:53 AM
Power Poster

Glide is one of many threads made by Fil Tec. I did get a great sample pack from them several years ago with one cone of each of their thread types and a thread color chart was sent with real thread for the colors. It is beautiful and frame worthy. Fil Tec thread is an industry leader in thread manufacturing. Most know the brand for their pre filled bobbins. If you LA a lot the case of M bobbins are a bargain.

http://www.bobbincentral.com/
Old 06-28-2016, 06:26 AM

For fantastic flash sales on thread, there is one every day from the thread dealers, manufacturers, shops, and bloggers on Facebook. And many give aways. Every thread brand is on Facebook.
Old 06-30-2016, 02:06 PM

Onebyone, I went on the bobbincentral.com website but you have to have a tax ID number to order. What other site can consumers purchase the Glide thread and bobbins? I did a search for stores in my zip code, and the one that came up does not carry Glide, only Isacord.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:25 PM
Power Poster

I don't know why Bobbin Central stopped all retail orders. It's hard to find Glide now. Makes no sense to me. I'll use what I have and if I can't find Glide I'll use something else. Poo on Fil Tec.