Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Missouri Star Quit Company Tutorial "Quartered Stripes" >

Missouri Star Quit Company Tutorial "Quartered Stripes"

Missouri Star Quit Company Tutorial "Quartered Stripes"

Old 08-14-2016, 05:27 AM

I bought the fabric but have not found time to sew, looking forward to trying it.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:51 AM

I made that quilt from some stripes I just happened to have in my stash. I wanted to try it before I bought some other striped fabric. It was so much fun & it was fast to make. I ended up buying the same fabric Jenny used but I haven't made another one yet. I will though. I'm getting ready to go away but I'll try to remember when I get home to post a pic.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:25 AM

I love your pattern, also. It is quite different from the other strip that Jenny shows. I think it is the colors that make it stand out.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:27 AM

I found an old sheet to try this pattern with. It was super fun to do and probably one of the quickest quilts I ever put together. Using an "uneven" stripe, it was very interesting to see the different triangle combinations I ended up with.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I made seven toddler donation quilts using this pattern. I wa surprised that the stripes match up without any fussing. One thing I learned, you need the 1 and 1/4 yards to get 10" cuts, anything less will be too narrow when folded . I cut my fabric 1 1/4" yard sections to get more blocks. Anything less then 1 1 /4" yard and the squares will have to be smaller. Here is a picture of one of the quilts.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555902[/ATTACH] and the striped fabric I used:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]555903[/ATTACH]
Your quilt looks awesome!
Old 08-14-2016, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by annette1952 View Post
I made that quilt from some stripes I just happened to have in my stash. I wanted to try it before I bought some other striped fabric. It was so much fun & it was fast to make. I ended up buying the same fabric Jenny used but I haven't made another one yet. I will though. I'm getting ready to go away but I'll try to remember when I get home to post a pic.
Cant wait to see it. Now I have to get shopping to some Quilt Shops to find some stripe fabric. I don't ahve Quilt shops very near me so it may take awhile for me to hunt for what I want.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Daylesewblessed View Post
A few years ago I did a similar design, and it was called "Yipes, Stripes!". Pieces could be arranged in any manner, which necessitates more concentration. It is so important to cut accurately and have the stripes lined up. It was a lot of fun to make!
I love this!
Old 08-14-2016, 08:24 AM

I think the wide binding in the pink quilt is great. It gives something extra to the design. I'm going to use wide binding on my next quilt. Let's over throw the quilt police!
Old 08-14-2016, 09:02 AM

It's definitely a fun quilt. I had another quilt teacher who also loves Kaffe Fassett stripes. I may have to give it a try.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by aborning View Post
Has anyone here made a quilt using the "Quartered Stripes" Tutorial by Missouri Star Quit Company? I like that quilt and want to make it for my son-in-law for Christmas, using stripes that are darker colors. However, I am worried about finding striped fabric and not knowing what the end result will look like. I would love to see pictures if anyone on here has made one like that.
To me, it looked like the fabrics she was working with were on the dark side. And there were samples in the background showing what the finished quilt looks like?