Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Misty Fuse vs Steam-a-Seam Lite vs Heat and Bond Lite Need Advice!

I am making a miniature raw edge applique wall hanging for my daughter. The pattern calls for light fusible web. They say they use Misty Fuse. I had some around here somewhere, but I can't find it (of course :thumbdown: ). I went to a LQS and they have it on order. I really want to finish this so I can mail it out to her in New Zealand. My second choice is Steam a Seam Lite, but no where near do they have that (Joannes is 60 minutes in the opposite direction from where I work). So I did find some Heat and Bond Lite. It says it is a sewable fusible. My question is this...have any of you had experience with Heat and Bond Lite? Should I forge ahead with what I have, or bite the bullet and order more Misty Fuse and wait to complete the project? I really need some advice here...

Thanks to all that respond.

Since it's for a wallhanging, I'd go ahead and use Heat and Bond Lite since it's sewable. I've never used Misty Fuse(I want to try it) but have used both Steam a Seam Lite and Heat and Bond Lite. I think my preference for the feel of the final product goes with SSL as it feels a bit softer to me. That being said, since it's a wall hanging, feel won't matter as much, so I'd use what you have!

Thanks for your response. I was thinking the difference might be the end stiffness of the piece. Maybe, I should just do a test piece.

community benefactor stitchofclass2's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just ordered 10 yds. on Amazon. Will be her 5/9.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchofclass2
    I just ordered 10 yds. on Amazon. Will be her 5/9.
    Which brand did you order?

I bought Heat and Bond lite at Joann's but I have not used it yet. so sorry, no help.

heat n bond lite is sewable, does not gunk up your needle, however, it is stiff even after washing.

Thanks everyone for your input. I did use it and although a little stiff, since it's a wall hanging, that's no problem. As soon as it's done, I will post a pic.