Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Moda Snuggles Fabric ?

Blog Entries
    Is Moda Snuggles fabric like minkee? If you have used it is there any pros and cons? I would like to use it for quilt backs, so it will be Long-Arm machine quilted. Thanks. Kathy

Blog Entries
    have never used it or heard of it! Will look forward to hearing more about it

Blog Entries
    It is like minkee, less the dots. And I have seen it quilted it turned out beautiful. I dont know how hard it was to quilt though. It was long arm quilted. If you go on Fresh Cut Quilts she did have a quilt on her blog that had Snuggles for the backing.

Blog Entries
    It is soft and cuddly warm.

I am using Moda Snuggles on my HQ long arm. I was at a quilt shop where they had a baby quilt backed with this product and it was beautiful. They also have a HQ and it was quilted on that machine. Also, no batting, just the top and the backing (snuggles). Mine is coming out very nice so far. However, the shop owner said she had a customer who had a Statler machine and she had problems with stretch and that the quilt puckered when done. So far I don't have that problem. Possibly the person pulled it to tight while mounting it. I did hear from another quilter that she tried using minkee for a back and had many problems with it. I mounted mine with the salvage across the top which eliminates most of the stretching issues. I love this product!

So are you saying it is the same quality as Minkee or better or basically the same? Not all Minkee has the dots and is just basically plush.

Just wondering as I've heard of it but not seen it yet.