Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec

Blog Entries
    Hi I am visiting in Sep and wondered if there was any quilters who knew where any quilt shops were so I could visit.

Thanks

Margaret

Baren*eh*ked_canadian works at a fabric store in Montreal, lockeb (Bill) lives in Montreal and may have some advice. There is a very small shop in Rouses Point, NY, just a few feet away from the border in NY. Also in Pt. Claire, there is a small shop. This is right outside of Montreal.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for your reply but wanted a shop that was not to far to travel as I am on holiday and did not want to spend to much time traveling to a shop

Maybe Bill can be more helpful then. Unfortunately up here distances are measure in time. Montreal is a beautiful city and full of surprises, but I have never seen too many fabric stores.

There are a number of quilt shops in Ottawa and area. Hazeldean Road in Kanata (The Running Stitch), Richmond (south of Ottawa - The Country Quilter), in the east end, Orleans (Quilty Pleasures), and one in Almont (farther west). When are you in town, and what area?