Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More on bobbin winders

After reading all the dissatisfaction about Sidewinders, I thought I would share my thoughts. Several years ago I purchased a K-Kraft bobbin winder . It has been such a valuable tool for me. I use a lot of bobbins on my many machines and it does a nice job of winding a perfect bobbin. It is more expensive- $99 - but well worth it in my opinion. Here is the link:
    http://fancyquilt.com/

I have the sidewinder and it works great for the Featherweight but not so much for my computerized machines.

Blog Entries
    Do you wind both L and M sizes? Looking for one to wind the M size for my Tin Lizzie.

Blog Entries
    I have the sidewinder and it works great. I have used it with my Kenmore/Janome machine. At the beginning of each quilt I sit and watch TV and wind bobbins for that project. I haven't used it for my Viking and I heard somewhere it wouldn't work well for it. Well my Viking Mega quilter will wind bobbins while I sew so I don't worry about that and soon I'll get my Viking #1 out of the shop and I'll try w/just one partcial spool to see how it goes. I also will wind old metal bobbins that I don't use any more w/thread for hand appliqueing; they are smaller and easier to take along with you.

I've had my Sidewinder since they came out and no problems with the Featherweight, Janome, Kenmore, Brother machines. My little nieces loves to wind bobbins when visiting...I must have 200+...lol.

I guess I'm just silly. I use my machine to wind them.

My sidewinder works awesome for all my machines but the Viking machine.

I have a Brother and a White as well as a Viking. I use the bobbin winder for all but for the Viking turn the bobbin over so it winds the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by cargeo
    I have a Brother and a White as well as a Viking. I use the bobbin winder for all but for the Viking turn the bobbin over so it winds the other way.
    I will give that a try.. Thanks.

If you purchase the PINK sidewinder, then put the green Viking bobbin on UPSIDE DOWN, it will work.

Viking bobbins wind in the other direction.

I have it and use it.

Jean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast