Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is more fun?

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Just wondering... which is more fun for you? Buying the fabric, owning (collecting) the fabric, or working with it?

well since I've never really finished a quilt buying is the most fun for me :lol: I shouldn't even buy any because i already have so much :oops: So at this point I am trying to get into the working fun part :wink:

Power Poster
    buying fabric at a great price when it's on closeout

Considering the amount of fabric I have on hand, I've got to say buying fabric is the most fun. The second most fun is planning the quilt. Sewing the quilt must be third but finishing the quilt is the most fun in the end.

Judy

Blog Entries
    Dreaming up projects while gazing at them... that's never frustrating, at ALL :wink: :D 8) :mrgreen:
    Buying fabric in person, love to touch them, line up bolts, FQ's, rearrange them...hardly ever frustrating :D :shock: :wink:
    Cutting and sewing....love to do that, but the frustration level varies :D :roll: :x

In the middle of the forest, In The middle of North Carolina
    Hard question for me. Buying is instant gratification.
    Collecting them is enjoyable for a long, long time.
    But I think pulling fabrics out of my stash and getting to put them together and work on them is probably the best!!

Blog Entries
    hhhmmmm let me think about this .... I would have to say buying the fabric is GREAT :lol: I also love the sewing together part... following patterns, not so much :?
    Sharon

Banned
    i'd rather create any day.

shopping for the fabric is fun but i don't come across that much fabric that i'd like to own.

i went on a tour of the quilt shops in lancaster, pa and it was so sad - there was fabric for $2 a yard and i didn't like any of it - i refuse to buy fabric just because its cheap because i won't use it in quilts any way.

Buying is a rush for me. I really love creating too, but I can't unless I buy first. :D :D :D

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    I love planning out a quilt and picking out the fabrics. I love shopping for fabric but not so much the "buying" where money has to come out of my pocket. Internet shopping is so dangerous because its almost like not paying at all. At least until I get the credit card bill.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast