Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: More Long Arm Questions

I found some extra blocks that I did not use in a quilt and basted them to my practice piece to practice on an actual quilt block. This was the first one I've ever done on a Long Arm. What do you do when you hit areas where 4 points come together creating a bump?

Should you do something to prepare a top before quilt it other than ironing it?

try to avoid that area

Blog Entries
    If I am making a top that I know is going to have a bump, if can I will press those seams open.

Get a hammer...

No, I'm not kidding. Cover the offending bump and gently (with a hammer) nudge it to flat. You'll need something hard underneath.

Shhhhh!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bamamama
    I found some extra blocks that I did not use in a quilt and basted them to my practice piece to practice on an actual quilt block. This was the first one I've ever done on a Long Arm. What do you do when you hit areas where 4 points come together creating a bump?

Should you do something to prepare a top before quilt it other than ironing it?
    A rubber mallet works well with a firm surface underneath. The rubber mallett does not leave any marks on the area.