Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
More than One Machine >

More than One Machine

More than One Machine

Old 10-05-2011, 06:08 AM

I see several of the gals have more than one machine. I also have a couple. I find I use my little old Sears machine more than the large high dollar Ellagante Machine. I am beginning to think I didn't need to spend the high dollars on that one as I so seldom use it. How are you all using more than one to make it pay off?
Old 10-05-2011, 06:11 AM
Banned

I use one Juki to piece or regular sew, one Juki on my grace frame, a brother embroidery due this week will use for my purses, New Home I use for friend that comes and sews weekely so she doesn't have to tote her's back and forth and my little Brother I tote to a weekly sewing group so I don't have to keep packing and unpacking it.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:20 AM

My Juki is for piecing, vintage Kenmore for FMQing (if I ever learn how!), and Brother for toting to classes (if I ever have enough time again!)...

I'm a beginner quilter.... and mostly like to buy stuff for quilting, especially fabrics and books...

Use to be a doll collector... still love them, too...

lol....
Old 10-05-2011, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Zhillslady
I use one Juki to piece or regular sew, one Juki on my grace frame, a brother embroidery due this week will use for my purses, New Home I use for friend that comes and sews weekely so she doesn't have to tote her's back and forth and my little Brother I tote to a weekly sewing group so I don't have to keep packing and unpacking it.
soooo jealous. My Juki does double duty- piecing and the frame. I use my 301 as my main back-up. I think I may use the 15-91 more when I have a sewing room with some actual room- I can't open its cabinet currently.

If I could have 2 Jukis, I would. I love the old machines, but the Juki is my go to girl.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:24 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

I love my brother purchased in the 1990's.. my singer from the 1980's is always a good one.. My singer ( mom's ) from the 70's does GREAT on thicker fabric that my others don't do easily. My little brother ( $99) from Walmant picked up a few years back when I "lost" my pressure foot from my 1990's brother in the move.. is good but have that loaned out..

My NEW Brother HE 240 is pressure foot free. GREAT for my parkinsons..

wow.. never really saw all this in print.. Do you think i could be on a horders show> OK OK OHHH I have a treadle machine in storage with All the extras in it's drawer.. :)
Old 10-05-2011, 06:30 AM

OH my, I'm a doll collector also. ALL kinds but Barbies are what I settled on due to size and fun to sew/knit or crochet for. Have over 500 of the little beauties.
Thanks for the info on how you use your machines.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:31 AM

My Baby Lock is baCK to get repaired AGAIN. Now I'm using my Singer 385J for doing some blocks.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:31 AM

I wish I had my grandmother's treddle. Be sure to keep that one.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:35 AM

SO glad to hear your Brother is up and going strong for so long. I was asked this morning about the quality of my Brother. Being I'm new at serging I didn't have an answer. I just bought mine last year but have a chance to buy another one from our town Yard Sale on the Internet for $20. Scary not knowing about it but for $20 supposed to have just been serviced how can I pass that up.?
Old 10-05-2011, 06:40 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

Good luck with your 20 dollar purchase.. I have a man that workes on machines ( Singer cleaned) and he really liked the brother's too !

Fun on the Barbie collection ! Our first one was Christmas 1963. They were solid legs.. I know because our DOG ate her legs.. Boy was my mom mad.. pointing a finger at my Dad "He is YOUR Dog ! You go get her another one!" ha ha.. She stayed around a while.. chewed legs.. sort of freaked me out ! loved her earings. they were little pearls on pins to stick in her ear. Do you remember? and her shoes ! loved her little shoes !
Thanks for the memories this AM.

Ell