Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Moving to Maui, any ideas for a quilter? >

Moving to Maui, any ideas for a quilter?

Moving to Maui, any ideas for a quilter?

Old 08-25-2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by lovingquilts4all
Hi Everyone,
Thanks so much for all your interest and suggestions as I make this move to Maui. I got some great websites and book suggestions as well as a couple names of people I might meet there. I even found out that there is a Maui Quilters Guild and plan on attending their October meeting! Now I feel like I have friends there already. Aren't quilters wonderful??? I wish I could take you all there with me (we could set up our own guild), but alas there just is not enough room. Please let me know if you are coming to Maui, though, and we could meet in person. I don't have a PDA as one quilter asked (what is a PDA?), but I will keep you informed as to how life on Maui is for a Nevada/California native. We will have air conditioning (it is a must for me) and now I know about how the humidity might hurt my machine. I will be careful, for sure. Thanks again for your good wishes and support.
Linda
A PDA is a section on the board like a blog. You can go to the HOME page and go down to "Personal Diaries and Announcements" You click on that, and then click on "Make New Topic" You will give your "PDA" a name - like "Adventures in Maui" and just start chatting bout anything you want to! You can post pictures, write what you're doing, etc. It's like what you're doing now, but it's moved into a section with personal diaries instead of the MAIN board.
Seriously - I'd be a friend on your PDA and follow your adventure!!! Mine is called "gramma mo's adventures"
Old 08-25-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Evie
Originally Posted by gramma mo
My parents lived on the big island for 30 years, so I went there often, but never to Maui. I always wanted to, and would love to follow your adventure- best of luck to you!
Maureen, what part of the Big Island (my home island)?
My folks lived in Kailua Kona for 7 years where they managed Ali'i Villas, then moved down near Naalehu (Red Cinder Road) where my brother had a family farm and he built them a little house there. My brother and SIL have moved to Oregon, my Dad passed away, and my mom lives with us now in CA. SHe still has so many church friends there - at 86, she keeps in touch on facebook and e-mail! Where did you live?
Old 08-25-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Evie
Originally Posted by gramma mo
My parents lived on the big island for 30 years, so I went there often, but never to Maui. I always wanted to, and would love to follow your adventure- best of luck to you!
Maureen, what part of the Big Island (my home island)?
I just noticed you're in LA - I'm right up the road in Bakersfield:)
Old 08-25-2011, 08:17 PM

Hey, I love the idea of using the PDA. Thanks for telling me about it, grandma mo. I think I will start doing that in a couple weeks. It sonds like a diary of sorts. Can anyone read it or is it like FB where you have to "friend" the readers? I will have to look your PDA up.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:57 PM

Hey, I love the idea of using the PDA. Thanks for telling me about it, grandma mo. I think I will start doing that in a couple weeks. It sonds like a diary of sorts. Can anyone read it or is it like FB where you have to "friend" the readers? I will have to look your PDA up.
anyone can read it - but they probably won't unless you tell them what's it's called and invite them over.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:02 PM

Thanks. I looked for your PDA but couldn't find it. What page are you on?
Old 08-25-2011, 09:09 PM

Thanks. I looked for your PDA but couldn't find it. What page are you on?
I started my PDA when I wanted to post pictures from a trip, and didn't want to take up so much space on someone else's PDA:) We just hop around and read eachothers!

Gramma Mo's Adventures:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-133014-43.htm