Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Moving to Missouri >

Moving to Missouri

Moving to Missouri

Old 07-12-2016, 04:37 AM
Evy

Default Moving to Missouri

After living in Florida and Kentucky for several years we are moving back home to Missouri to be closer to kids and grandkids. Are there any quilters here in the Lebanon, MO area? What can you tell me about quilt shops and such in that area? I am looking so forward to being minutes instead of hours away from family for a change. We loved our home in Kentucky but we are getting old enough that being so far away from medical facilities and "city" conveniences just doesn't work. I sure will miss those hills though!
Old 07-12-2016, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

That is great to be near you grandkids. I know my Grandmother was a big influence on my along with her half sister who introduced me to quilting. When I moved, I checked with LQS and guild to see what was around my community to join.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:39 AM

Awe....lucky you! Happy for you and the family!
Old 07-12-2016, 10:26 AM

Lebanon, MO Is where our son was born back in 1975; bet it has changed since then. If you google 'Row by Row' and select Missouri you can see the shops there and around in at the area. He was born 23 inches long and weight 10 lbs and 12 oz; he stands six feet and four inches today. With a Dad and Mom and two sisters to spoil him, he turned out just fine. It will be good to be close to family and grandchildren to spoil them all the time. Ours settled too far away to be able to visit very often. Life is what it is sometimes. Good luck in your move.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:37 AM

I've only lived in Iowa for about 5 years now....before that Missouri born and raised in St. Charles County there for 58 years before moving. I miss Missouri...hopefully one day I'll go "home" also.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:04 AM

Welcome back to MO, I have always lived in MO. You will find Merrily We Quilt Along in Springfield MO, there are a couple of other shops there too. If you google quilt shops in MO you will find several. Not sure how close they will be to Lebanon. One of my favorites is Hunters Heirloom close to Centerview MO on 50 Hwy. It is a ways for you to go but worth the trip. And the Ultimate is Missouri Star Quilt Co in Hamilton... Long trip but it has lots of shops. Just google that..
Old 07-13-2016, 04:39 AM
Evy

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Lebanon, MO Is where our son was born back in 1975; bet it has changed since then. If you google 'Row by Row' and select Missouri you can see the shops there and around in at the area. He was born 23 inches long and weight 10 lbs and 12 oz; he stands six feet and four inches today. With a Dad and Mom and two sisters to spoil him, he turned out just fine. It will be good to be close to family and grandchildren to spoil them all the time. Ours settled too far away to be able to visit very often. Life is what it is sometimes. Good luck in your move.
How did I not know about this web site? Thank you so much and yes, it will be good to have lunch with my daughter and granddaughters and visit with my "boys" (like yours both 6' plus, but still my boys). I am so looking forward to the move. Thanks to all for your replies.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:57 AM

That's great! I know Springfield has quilt shops. I got married at the Church of God in Bennett Spring. It's a favorite vacation spot for us!
Old 07-13-2016, 07:25 PM

In Springfield there is the FM store behind the Battlefield Mall on Freemont St. Plus Merrily We Quilt Along. I think it is called Quilts etc or something that starts with quilts on Glenstone and Sunshine St approximately 5 miles east of Merrily. Plus there is a smaller fabric store on Glenstone called Fabrics plus which is about two or so Mike north of Glenstine and Sunshine on the left hand side in a small strip mall. Just down the road in Ozark is another quilt store. Plus you will pass by the A-1 quilt machine shop on Evans road. Good luck and happy hunting for stores. Sure wish I was moving home to Missouri.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:43 PM

​best wishes on your move. sounds like a wonderful place.