Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Moving sewing room to master bedroom. Yay!!! >

Moving sewing room to master bedroom. Yay!!!

Moving sewing room to master bedroom. Yay!!!

Old 10-11-2014, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingbuddy View Post
I'm one of those who took over the 3rd bedroom when DS moved out. It's a small room but now that DH let me move the treadmill into our master bedroom and buy an actual sewing table that lets me have my machine sit down into it I'm in happy girl heaven! I have a dedicated cutting table at the right height and a design wall I can see from a distance even from the hallway. What more could I ask for? Maybe I'm a bit spoiled but a quilter needs what a quilter needs. It has taken me many years to finally work into this sweet deal.

CONGRATS to you! I hope you have much fun in your new quilting space!!!
I too am moving into the 3rd bedroom !&'x9" vs, 7x9, almost done just the painting & flooring & it will me mine ALL MINE

Last edited by oldtisme; 10-11-2014 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Wrong size new room is 17'x9'
Old 10-11-2014, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I guess I'm not very wifey. I don't understand the 'DH let me' mindset. I have never asked DH's permission to do anything or go anywhere and he would die laughing if I did and the same with him asking me. We both know we are not going to paint the house black or sign up for spot on a space ship. LOL
Me either..my DH's motto (not mine) is..If Momma aint happy nobody is happy. I have free reign on this house, everything is where I want it and when, but may that's because I had him his own Man Cave out of our den complete with cable TV, computer, guitar set up with amp and drum back up system. But I think it's because he knows who has the ??power?? around here lol
Old 10-11-2014, 10:23 PM

I'm in the same mindset , DH Won't let me??? The only thing he ever wouldn't let me do, was when I first smashed my knee and after major surgery, in cast from hip to toe, and I wanted to go to Costco, he thought it was rubbish idea, but instead of not allowing me. Wise man said ok, lets go. I couldn't get down the two stairs outside the house with my walking frame. Only time the poor guy has been allowed to be right. BTW, I have smaller of spare bedrooms as sewing cave, he's happy with recliner, tv and control of the remote in the sitting room
Old 10-12-2014, 12:05 AM

The minute I found out my youngest grandson had a place at school nursery (pre-kindergarden) I moved them out of their playroom and into my much smaller study and turned it in to a sewing room (complete with clouds on the ceiling and jungle roller blind ). Bad grandma.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:20 AM

Love to hear about all your different sewing spaces! Wherever we sew, we are all blessed with a love and a passion for our art, that's where the real blessing lies.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:37 PM

Now that my daughters are off on their own, I've reclaimed their rooms for my quilting, sewing, stash storage needs. I say use whatever space you have as you wish.