Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: mug rugs revisited

Blog Entries

mug rugs revisited

Posted a query earlier in re to being fearful of getting stains on the mug rugs I wanted to make and received many informative responses. In the meantime, discovered a product that solves my problem and thought I might pass it on. It's called OxiClean Laundry Stain Remover". It comes in a 21.5 fluid ounce blue spray bottle. You simply spray it on, rub it in, wait 10 minutes and run through a normal wash cycle with detergent. Tried this because I had shocking pink and brilliant blue Bingo Marker stains on the sleeve of a fleece cardigan that simply wouldn't come out. Tried this product and couldn't BELIEVE they were gone. Works great on tomato products as well. So..........mug rugs, here I come!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the tip.

Just added it to my shopping list. I did not know it came in a praying. I have the powdered form that I recently used on a white linen table cloth that had been my mother's so it came from a home of heavy smokers and I have had it tucked away for over 25 years. It came out so pretty and bright!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

My 2 cents to this subject: My DH brought home a piece of hockey goal netting that had been hung in our sports bar & it was loaded with nicotine(from before our law changed). I soaked it in detergent & the Oxiclean and couldn't believe my eyes how it drew out the nicotine! Didn't hurt the material & made it just shine! Amazing product.

Blog Entries
    thanks for the handy tip
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    As the others have said, thanks for the tip!