Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: mug rugs

Thanks to the quilter who showed us the maple leaf mug rugs. I borrowed her pattern to make a few prototypes to show the girls at church. We are having a Whatever sale to raise funds for outreach and needed a mugrug that doesn't need to be bound. Well.....you talk about a hit. Julie said that they are awful and she would have to take them home for herself. LOL The creative wheels started to turn and am making apple shapes and all things fall and Christmas. Having a seriously good time with them. Almost hoping they don't sell so I can take them home and use for hostess gifts this holidy season. Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    Oh please show us some pictures of your ideas!! I am just getting started on the leaves today!!

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty
    thanks for the link. i'd viewed it early on and did not know that a .pdf was available. i downloaded that

I have made some for our church auction.

Cool ideas!

Thanks Judi! I got a kick out reading about the reaction you got from your church friends! LOL... It makes me happy that you liked them. Yes, the technique tranfers easily to many kinds of shapes and it is fun and easy to do. Some of the things people have suggested on the tutorial have got me going too. I like your apple idea. I have quite a few more leaves i need to stitch for family members that saw mine and then I'll try your apple. If you can, post pictures of your leaves and things so we can see what kinds of fabrics work well! :thumbup: (Oh! PS: I'm the quilter)