Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Multiple Projects >

Multiple Projects

Multiple Projects

Old 01-30-2012, 06:38 AM

I have multiple--multiple projects in the works, about 38. Obviously, I don't work on all of them at the same time. I just discovered The Quilt Album, rather like a journal for quilts. It's a software program for $30. (www.thequiltalbum.com) You can upload a photo of your finished quilt and note all its particulars--or as I'm going to do, projects in the works. Then I can refer to what is underway or what I have purchased fabric and patterns for and are in the planning stages. Think it is just what I need to get project organized. And it's easy to use! I'm not even thinking of the clothes sewing I want to find time for! And I work.
SandyQuilter
Old 01-30-2012, 09:46 AM

I find I have to limit myself to 3 projects. It helps when each project is at a different stage so that you can sew for awhile, cut for awhile, press for awhile, quilt for awhile. I can only quilt for an hour and only when I have sunshine coming through the window, so it's ideal to have other stuff available to work on (although I also have crochet, cross stitch and knitting).
Old 01-30-2012, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by craftymatt2 View Post
Its hard for me as well, i thought when i left work to care for my grandson, that i would have more time, haha, to hard to work on anything and take care of him and now his little brother and a sister on the way, i am their five days a week and 10 hours a day, i don't bring anything to work on because the boys want me to play with them, and besides time is fleeting and i won't have them this age to much longer. Somehow i have to fit my time on the weekends, too tired at nite.
The grandkids will be all too soon grown - you are so smart to understand that and treasure this time with them. They will treasure it also. Soon enough they'll be off on their own, but better off for having had your attention. There are pens and mats and rockers and swings and cribs and walkers to hold them, but there is nothing better than Grandma's lap!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:09 AM

I bought some folding storage boxes at the Dollar Tree. They're just the right size for a project. The ones that I'm seriously working on are in those and 'those' are in the big shopping bags from Aldi and are ready to go on retreat. (I go on a quilting retreat once a month) Other projects are in large ziplocks patiently waiting for me to get around to them.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:30 PM

I am a "mood" stitcher. I have to be in the right mood to do certain projects. I keep each project in a basket, so I can keep it all together. Then when I need a break, I just switch projects. A little at a time on each project gets a lot done. I sew both garments and quilts, and working from my baskets keeps me "on task"
Old 01-30-2012, 07:37 PM

I always pick the one that is more fun!!! Lol. I always have alot of projects going on at the same time. The only thing I need more of is time. I had a 4 day weekend and got a queen and a lap quilt done from start to finish. I just let the other projects sit for a while.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:52 PM

One at a time is all you can do. SOmetimes I start with the one I want to do the most and sometimes I save it for last.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:22 PM

I put my current projects (not UFOs) in separate bags...most of the bags I made myself. then I grab the one that I feel is calling to me the loudest... I currently have 4 bags hanging out with "current projects" in them. My FW Sampler, an AFOH quilt, my Thinking outside the Box quilt and a current Friendship Swap F8s. My UFOs are another story..they are in a 48 gal tote! I don't even want to talk about them!