Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: must see quilt shops in Ohio?

must see quilt shops in Ohio?

My DH and I are planning a road trip through Ohio next month. Are there any "got to see" quilt shops you would recommend? Maybe we could take a detour and visit the ones that come highly recommended? Thanks
    phranny ~ I cannot call my day complete. 'til needle, thread, and fabric meet.

Phranny, my friends and I took a trip to eastern Ohio last week. In a small town called Courtland there are 3 quilt shops. Each one offers something different in fabric lines. They are near Warren, OH. I can't find my map with the names on them but if you Google "quilt shops, Courtland, OH" they should come up. Have fun and be safe!
    I pray for peace today and hope I don't have to tomorrow.

When I was accused of living in a fantasy world I almost fell off my unicorn.

Don't know just where you will be going but look up Holmes County Ohio. It is Amish country with lots of good quilt shops in the little towns. I love going there. Good luck and have a wonderful time. Mayme

if you're near Waynesville (about 20 miles east of Middletown) go to the Fabric Shack. Waynesville is a small town with lots of antique shops.

Blog Entries
    Tootle famish country Ohio.There is an area that has a place called Sinks where the famish buy their fabric.The prices are good and the variety even better but it's not your typical quilt shop(more like a fabric warehouse) but there are several high end quilt shops within a few miles of it.Have a great trip!

PawPawPatch Quilt Store in Mt Vernon(30 min NE of Columbus)!!! I stopped there this summer and she has a wonderful selection - and a good eye for mixing fabrics.

Fabric Shack is also a must in SW'ish Ohio. Fabric Shack is one of the largest in the area.
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

Do a search on here for Ohio quilt shops. there are lots of posts about shops in different areas of ohio. My favorites are in the holmes county area(zincks, millers, helping hands)

In Charm Ohio, is MIllers, also in Amish area of Ohio, I plan a trip to Amish next month.
    Dyan

From an Ohio quilter, here are my favorites: 1. Shiloh/Plymouth area - Country Fabrics - Huge selection and great prices - Mennonite owned. 2. Holmes Co: Miller's Dry Goods in Charm, between Millersburg & Berlin; 3. between Berlin and Sugarcreek is Zinck.s - again nice selection and good prices - also fleece, lace, flannel, buttons, etc. 4. Downtown Berlin is Helping Hands Quilt shop - nice selection but high prices - has a bargain area downstairs. Other small shops and shopping in Berlin - heart of Holmes County and Amish life in Ohio. Enjoy

Thanks everyone for your replies! Looks like our road trip will head us into the Berlin direction. DH is very patient with my new addiction, and I do want to be as efficient with my shopping time as possilbe.
    phranny ~ I cannot call my day complete. 'til needle, thread, and fabric meet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast