Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My 1925 Singer 66 Treadle ran today for the first time!

I've been working on getting her cleaned and oiled, and cleaned and oiled, and cleaned and oiled!! I'm waiting on a part from Billy to be able to try the bobbin winder, and still tweaking the tension. It's just so fabulous to get her going finally. Now if I can just get someone to respond with the tricks to keep the fabric going in one direction, and not back tacking?

push with your heels first- not your toes, its hard to get used to doing, but once you get it, you got it. :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Mitten Quilter
    I've been working on getting her cleaned and oiled, and cleaned and oiled, and cleaned and oiled!! I'm waiting on a part from Billy to be able to try the bobbin winder, and still tweaking the tension. It's just so fabulous to get her going finally. Now if I can just get someone to respond with the tricks to keep the fabric going in one direction, and not back tacking?

Thanks Cindy! That's one of the reasons why I love this forum. Can't wait to try it.

I start sewing by turning the fly wheel towards me then the fabric is headed the right direction. It must be right because I don't get any back-tacking. Love sewing on my old treadle "Ella Jane" after my grandma.

[quote=Crabby Patty]I start sewing by turning the fly wheel towards me then the fabric is headed the right direction.

This is what the manual says to do-it works!

Yippee!!!!!! Don't you just love it!!!! I have a few that I am refinishing(cabinet) and refurbishing (machine), I can't wait to finish them. Have fun with her.