Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My 28 year old Pfaff 1473 died

I'm in mourning. My daughters learned to sew on it, I made most of their clothes growing up on it and most of my clothes for the past 28 years, endless decorating and craft projects and my beginning quilting. The shop said the boards went out and he probably wouldn't be able to find new ones. I have a Baby Lock Quilting Professional that I use for all of my quilting but I still need a machine that can do a multitude of stitches. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Blog Entries
    So sorry for your loss! {{{hugs}}} Perhaps another Pfaff?

Brubakers Sewing Center in PA or AccuSew in Milwaukee WI both repair Pfaffs.

I understand your pain. I also have a Pfaff 1473, bought in 1986. I had it serviced recently and had to have the cord that goes into the foot petal replaced. I have sewed many a stitch on that machine and love it. I am afraid it will give out on me or be to expensive to fix if something major goes wrong. I still use it as much as my fancy Brother.

You have my sympathy, too! I have had mine since 1990 and wouldn't part with it for any amount of money! My dealer said they can't get them used because people won't trade them in--they hang on to them. My husband bought me a new QE4.0 and I love it--but I have my 1473 set up, too!

Good luck on finding parts.

True about the older Pfaffs. I have been looking for a particular one for a long time. They are also expensive for older machines! I am bidding on one now - hope I get it!

Once a Pfaff owner always one!

Blog Entries
    My Pfaff Tipmatic that I have had for about 30 years has just reached it's used by date too. I just bought a new Pfaff Creative 2.0. It sews, quilts and embroiders and has 153 different stitches! Can't wait to make pretty little girly dresses.

I love my Pfaff, I have the creative vision 5.5 and I'm upgrading to the new sensation. Can't wait for it to arrive. Being shipped from CA. on Monday. Not sure how long it will take to get to NY.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pfaff-1473-C...item27bda2f2ce

If you are set on one just like it. Ebay has this one. Don't know what they usually sell for but, it is a nice machine.

So sorry to hear about your loss. My 1473 died in a house fire 10 years ago and I still miss her.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast