Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My bargain hunting today.

I went into Vegas (about 60 miles) planning to hit the Tuesday morning stores, but only went to one. Oh well. I the decided to go to the only quilting store in Vegas that I had not checked out yet. I had heard they were closing, but not sure when.

I guess it is soon, because there was not a whole lot left. In fact this Thursday she is closing out all her fabric for only 2 bucks a yard !
    Today, everything was half price. And this is all the good stuff. So anyway, I got one yard each of four different pieces. I also got three fat quarters and a set of Asian chubby eighths. (19 in all !) I also got a sports quilt pattern for my daughter. Then I found several ruler/tools that I had to have. One is a 45 degree triangle 8" size. and two Cut a Rounds. One makes 6 to 19 inch diameter circles and one makes 19 to 30 inch diameter circles. The owner said she uses hers for all kinds of crafts as well as quilting. She said there are instructions with that tell you how to make set in circles , and that it is not hard at all. We'll see about that, LOL. I got this huge haul for just over 60 bucks !
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice haul.

How fun! Love a good bargain!

Blog Entries
    Looks like you hit the mother lode! Congrats!

np3
    Blog Entries
    Which store was it?

I just looked up the circle cutter things on Ebay and they are going for about 35 bucks ! I wish I had bought them all.

I do feel bad for the owner having to close her store. She was there and we had a nice conversation. She said the main reason is not Joann's or other quilt stores or anything like that. It is the online stores. She said her store was becoming a showroom basically. People would come in and look and touch and then go home and order online. I guess that is just the times we live in.

There was a couple there on vacation from Canada and they were having a great time with the sale. They were wondering where else to go and I told them about my favorite shop. And then the owner gave them a map of the other stores. I thought that was so nice of her.

Blog Entries
    wow, you got lots of cool things for $60.00

yippeeee

Blog Entries
    WOW! You did very well :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Wow and a great haul. But sad at the same time :-( but as time get harder for everyone. We have to look where we can find the best buys. Store has to much over head. So sad. :?

Blog Entries
    It's so sad about the shop closing, but you certainly benefited from it. Great bargains!! :thumbup:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast