Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
MY Bernina Died!!!!!! >

MY Bernina Died!!!!!!

MY Bernina Died!!!!!!

Old 10-09-2011, 06:18 PM

This is just what I think....I have a Bernina 830...it's old, about 35 - 40 years but it is a work horse. It isn't electronic, I wouldn't like that stuff but I do love my old Bernina. I've never had a bit of trouble with it and it just keeps going and going and going. I've had Kenmore and I have a FW but the Bernina is my go to machine....P.S. I wouldn't spend 3000 bucks aon a machine either!
Originally Posted by Trish88
I have one last thought about the sewing machines....seems most of you own a Bernina......I can not afford one and years ago Kenmore,Singer and Brother were the only ones available in my era anyways.....I dont have anything against Bernina but why do they have to be so dang expensive?
It costs enough for fabric and the things that go along with sewing....Ive been to our quilt shop here and the shop sells only Bernina Ive tested them and sat there and sewed on them...and yes they have a lot of nice features...but there is no way Iam going to spend $2,000.00 or $3,000.00 on a sewing machine just like Huquavana I recently found out that Singer is just a cheaper modle then Husquavana that they have merged and Singer is HUSQUAVANA so who cares what the sewing machine brand is...if it sews and does what you want and like then so be it....just my two cents...Trish