Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Black Friday packages are arriving. >

My Black Friday packages are arriving.

My Black Friday packages are arriving.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:30 AM

I did shopping but I never checked out. That's my way of getting my fabric fix without actually buying anything. If I bought all the carts that I never checked out I don't know where I would put all the fabric!
Old 11-29-2012, 05:48 AM

I'm waiting on a clear acrylic office chair to match my all-glass desk....and a couple of little trinkets from Tiffany's for my daughters. I did treat myself to the rotating cutting board that's on Amazon. It hasn't arrived yet either.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by kathbug View Post
I did shopping but I never checked out. That's my way of getting my fabric fix without actually buying anything. If I bought all the carts that I never checked out I don't know where I would put all the fabric!
I do the same thing! However, I couldn't pass up Connecting Thread's Black Friday sale... My box just arrived and it is wonderful! I purchased some fat quarter bundles and thread. I ended up with about 52 fat quarters and 5 spools of thread for around $52. And that was with free shipping, also. But it wasn't all for me - one spool of black thread was for my MIL...
Old 11-29-2012, 06:13 AM

We hit Joanns Fri morning at six. My daughter volunteers at a shelter and I had made her 2 puppy quilts for an auction which raised 300$ so I just had to take advantage of the flannel sale and went overboard. I now have fabric for 9 more puppy quilts but they won't be started till next year. It's for a very good cause. They rehabilitate abused and broken dogs.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:33 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

LOL just waiting on my stuff from a quilting place .. Now I am looking at old magazines and finding new ideas to make bears and bunnies with .. so gonna look for that stuff next .. LOL too bad I didn't find these ideas before black Friday !LOL oh well it is what it is ...
Old 11-29-2012, 08:20 AM
Power Poster

I ordered from Connecting threads but have not got my box yet....It is always exciting to be expecting a package...Enjoy your goodies.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:30 AM

Josyjatz,
I bought a brother SQ9000 from Overstock and it didn't work when I got it. I let them know and had another machine here in a few days. I finally got the return label for the non-working one and returned it to vendor. Let Amazon know it is not working right and they need to replace it or refund. I got my brother for $139. and new one works great. As we raise dogs, I love not having to use a foot peddle as the dogs tend to chew on cord etc. If they don't replace, check out www.Overstock.com as they have some good buys there. Or look in paper or local shops for a higher quality used machine. Don't give up, you will find what you need. But call or e-mail Amazon right away.
Carol
Old 11-29-2012, 09:26 AM

I didn't buy on black friday sales, but my neighbor and I are going today to a yard sale that looks to be all sewing. Will let you know if I get anything good.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:51 AM

I ordered a package from connecting threads prior to Black Friday and then on Black Friday I ordered a quilt kit. They have arrived at my designated US address and should be getting posted to me this weekend so hoping to get them within the next fortnight. Very excited.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:39 AM

I'm patiently waiting for mine. I'm hoping to receive them in the next couple of days.