Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: my cutting mat warped

How about between the mattress and box spring for a couple of nights??

I used the blowdryer to heat it up and then put some books on it for a couple of days. It's almost as good as new.

I can relate to the warped cutting mat. I left my large 24" mat on the front seat of my car in the blistering sun with the windows rolled up for half a day before I thought to get it out. Not only did it warp and remold itself to the shape of the seat but smelled like skunk pee.
    Mats exposed to the sunlight thru a window will also warp, stretch and get wavy lines in them. I now hang my mats up when I am finished for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by maggiebooboo
    I'm not sure how this happened, it has been this way for a while. It hasn't bothered me until I started with these tiny little squares that seem to be stretching. So I would like to move them as little as possible. But when I get to that end of the mat, I worry that it will be off. I tried setting heavy books on it over night and didn't find that it helped any. Any other ideas?

I had a warped mat one time - could do nothing to get it to be flat again - had to be another one and deal with the stink for a few days... :(

SKUNK PEE!! Ish! :lol:

I just want to thank all of you for your wonderful ideas on a warped cutting board. The hair dryer worked. So I guess the trick is heat and pressure on it till it cools.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2