Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My DH the Best!!!

My DH the Best!!!

My DH has gotten me three more fat quarter bundles from Nancy's Notions! He never said a word, just went outside to work and sent me the order confirmation. LOL! He knows what I like and he's been doing really well! He got me 100 batiks all colors of the rainbow a while back and three other packs another time... Isn't he just the greatest?!

I was trying to find a backing for a quilt I made in a class & really don't like. My granddaughter likes it, so I'm finishing it for her birthday. A friend & I went to the local fabric stores and looked around, but didn't see anything that caught our eye. I got a few fat quarters cheap & a bargain remnant for a quilt I'm trying to gather fabrics together for & my friend didn't find anything either. Plus the prices are going up again & a lot of fabric is now up around $12.00 a yard!! I found a suitable backing for the quilt this morning & it cost us almost $75.00 for 5 yards of fabric! I am hoping there's enough on there or I may have to border it with something else!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails craftsy-class-qlt-2012.jpg  
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,Speak Kindly, Leave the rest to GOD

I like the colors on it. It is quite lovely, I can see why your GD likes it.
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

Very nice - aren't those guys the best! I was having issues because my machine was getting serviced and I couldn't sew. I'd been thinking of getting a small Bernina to take to sewing classes/retreats, etc. I had to go to town and told my husband I was going to bring home a machine even if I had to buy a new one - all he said was "take your checkbook". I did bring home a Bernina 350. I'm so pleased to have it as a second machine!

Quote Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
    Very nice - aren't those guys the best! I was having issues because my machine was getting serviced and I couldn't sew. I'd been thinking of getting a small Bernina to take to sewing classes/retreats, etc. I had to go to town and told my husband I was going to bring home a machine even if I had to buy a new one - all he said was "take your checkbook". I did bring home a Bernina 350. I'm so pleased to have it as a second machine!
    Congratulations on your new machine! I was working on a 12 lb., Brother HS-2000 which I love, but I needed a bigger throat area for doing my FMQ and DH helped me get my dream machine. A Laura Ashley, Innovis, NX-2000. I love everything about it!! It's a lot heavier machine but was worth all I went through to get it! I hope you love your Bernina as much as I do my Brothers. Happy quilting!
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,Speak Kindly, Leave the rest to GOD

Awesome!!!!!!!!

Becky, you are very wrong twice! #1 I HAVE THE BEST HUSBAND EVER; #2 The brightness of your photoed quilt top adds a lot of really tenderness and beauty! I can see why your GD likes the quilt!!!! You do awsome work!

First, your DH is definitely a keeper! Second, your quilt is just wonderful. I love the colors.

Very pretty quilt! I love the colors!

My DH has been very supportive from day one...we'll married 48 years this year. I could just go on and on, but I love to hear about other DHs.....they are a pretty special group! Yes, Becky, your DH is a real keeper, and I also like the quilt, especially the way you used the colors and how those pieces stand out.

I love the sampler pattern but don't think I am experienced enough to make one. Very nice.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast