I think I posted here a while back about the Downy quilt kit I got that was mis-cut. After I had it all sewn together, I set up my table to sandwich it. As I was smoothing it down I noticed one border was very ripply. Then as I looked closer, I noticed that it was a lot narrower at one end than the other. Apparently it was cut wrong and I didn't notice. Since it was ripply I figured it was cut wonky on one side and that was the side I had sewn on. So I kinda lost my momentum and it sat there for a long time. I finally decided to get it done (I need that table for other projects) and ripped out the border. Not only was it cut wonky on one side, it was cut wonky on the other side. In other words it was shaped like this /\ (slight exaggeration) but the cuts weren't straight. They were curvy in places. How in the heck I didn't notice this when I was pinning and sewing it I'll never know. I trimmed it as best I could so that not only was it the same width all the way but also straight on both sides. It was iffy because I had already cut it to length when I originally sewed it on. I ended up cutting almost an inch off the width. That's how small it was at the smaller end. I sewed it back onto the quilt top and trimmed the opposite border to match. The original borders were about 3-3/8 from the seam to the raw edge and these are 2-5/8. I didn't trim the top and bottom borders. So they are slightly narrower on the long sides but that's ok. It took me about 30 minutes or less to sandwich and pin baste it.
So the moral is, check your precut kits. Make sure they're cut right before you sew them all together (and before you trim the length). :thumbup: